It all started when...
On January 1, 1932 the library first opened in Petersburg in the Telephone Exchange Building. Yearly membership were sold for one dollar each. Our founding members include: Delia Sarff, Laura Johnson, Bert Cornelius and Myrtle Cornelius.
In August 1960 the library moved to the second floor of the municipal building where it remained until 2013. In September 2013 the community opened the doors of a beautiful new facility, located on the corner of Haugen Drive and Second Street. Learn more about our journey to the new library >
Librarians who have served the residents of Petersburg include Delia Sarff, Clara Hannah, Christine Fryer, Joyce Jenkins (Schultz), Chris Weiss and Tara Alcock.